After 11 days filled with screenings of Oscar Contenders, World Premieres and Special Guests, the festival saw attendance soar to 61,000, the highest total in the festival’s history.
“Although it is impossible to be all things to all people, I think the 37th Mill Valley Film Festival came as close to achieving that goal as I could ever hope to achieve,” festival Founder and Director Mark Fishkin said. “Many of the most highly anticipated awards season films, world premieres, striking international films, and cutting edge American indies are smartly and lovingly curated by our veteran Programming team to create a spirited collection of films that somehow blend into a perfect well balanced mix. From Metallica’s curated programs to our special Spotlights and Tributes, to inspired Children’s Programming, riveting documentaries and beyond, the 37th Mill Valley Film Festival offered something for everyone.” “The feedback that we have received from our festival goers gives us affirmation that we’ve gotten as close as possible to that mythical ‘perfect festival’ that we aspire to be.”
The complete information and recaps from the festival are available here.
THE 37th MILL VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL: AUDIENCE AWARDS WINNERS
The MVFF Audience Awards represent the people’s choice favorites at this year’s festival. The overall prize winner scored highest across all categories; other winners scored top in each of the festival’s sections: US Cinema, World Cinema, Valley of the Docs, and Children’s FilmFest, as well as specialty categories.
- The MVFF Gold Audience Favorite 2014 – THE IMITATION GAME
- MVFF Audience Favorite – World Cinema Gold – THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING
- MVFF Audience Favorite – World Cinema Silver – MARIE’S STORY
- MVFF Audience Favorite – World Cinema Indie Gold – ON THE WAY TO SCHOOL
- MVFF Audience Favorite – World Cinema Indie Silver – The 100-YEAR-OLD MAN WHO CLIMBED OUT THE WINDOW AND DISAPPEARED
- MVFF Audience Favorite – US Cinema Gold – WHIPLASH
- MVFF Audience Favorite – US Cinema Silver – THE JUDGE
- MVFF Audience Favorite – US Cinema Indie Gold – IMPERIAL DREAMS
- MVFF Audience Favorite – US Cinema Indie Silver – THE YOUNG KIESLOWSKI
- MVFF Audience Favorite – Valley of the Docs Gold – CAPTURING GRACE
- MVFF Audience Favorite – Valley of the Docs Silver – STATES OF GRACE
- MVFF Audience Favorite – Active Cinema Gold – F R E E
- MVFF Audience Favorite – Active Cinema Silver – GARDENERS OF EDEN
- MVFF Audience Favorite – Children’s FilmFest Gold – MINUSCULE: VALLEY OF THE LOST ANTS
- MVFF Audience Favorite – Children’s Filmfest Silver – THE BOY AND THE WORLD
- MVFF Audience Favorite – ¡Viva el Cine! Gold – LIVING IS EASY WITH EYES CLOSED
- MVFF Audience Favorite – Animation Gold – THE TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA