When Mill Valley Philharmonic founder and artistic director Laurie Cohen retires in May at the end of the organization’s 18th concert season, she’ll likely go out with a bang.
For MV Philharmonic’s final shows before Cohen’s retirement, the organization is seeking singers to perform Ludwig van Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9 with Mill Valley Philharmonic and the Dominican Chorale.
“We’re excited about this opportunity and hope you will be too,” Cohen says. “The Ninth hasn’t been performed in Marin in nine years.”
- Have sung Beethoven’s Ninth before or be an exceptional sight-reader.
- Be available for rehearsals on Tuesday evenings in April and May at Dominican University, San
- Rafael, with the Dominican Chorale and Director Francisco Ortiz
- Attend a Beethoven “retreat” just for chorus and orchestra Saturday morning, April 28th in Mill Valley
- Attend dress rehearsal on Wednesday May 16th at Dominican University Angelico Hall, San Rafael.
- Attend performances on Saturday May 19th (evening) and Sunday May 20th (afternoon.) Angelico Hall,
- Dominican University, San Rafael.
“There is room in every section of the chorus,” Cohen says. “Let us know what part you sing and which chorus you are in!
Respond to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know what’s happening around town? Click here to subscribe to the Enjoy Mill Valley Blog by Email!