With nearly 140 artists scattered and thousands of patrons scattered throughout the massive, gorgeous redwood grove at old Mill Park, the Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival, set for Sept. 18-19, is a massive undertaking. With logistics and health and safety protocols in mind, the organizers of one of Mill Valley’s landmarks are pulling out all the stops to ensure a positive experience for all at the event, set for 10am-5pm on both days.
They’ve obtained access to a massive amount of free parking at Edna Maguire Elementary School at 80 Lomita Drive at which patrons can park and hop on a free shuttle to the Redwood Grove in Old Mill Park.They’re also partnering with the Marin County Bicycle Coalition for free bike parking outside the Mill Valley Chamber‘s office and visitor center at 85 Throckmorton Ave., and those who use the secure bike parking get a voucher for $5 off at the gate. You can also save money by getting your tickets in advance. (Get tickets here). NOTE: No bike parking outside the entrances and no bikes in the park.
Tix are $20 for general admission, $15 for seniors and free for kids and students and teachers with ID, as well as active members of the military.
Here’s an Exhibitor Map.
Organizers have also outlined COVID-19 safety requirements based on the State of California and Marin County’s safety mandates and recommendations. They include:
- Masks required whenever within 6 feet of others, unless actively eating or drinking, or performing in official entertainment
- Complimentary masks will be available on request
- Hand sanitizing stations provided throughout the festival site
- Online discounted advance “touchless” ticketing available at Eventbrite.com
- In the event of cancelation, ticket can be rolled over to next year, or converted to a tax-deductible donation to the Friends of MVFAF, a 501(c)(3) non-profit.
- No pets left outside the entrances or allowed inside the park (except legitimate service dogs).
No Public pass through during the festival weekend.
Want to know what’s happening around town? Click here to subscribe to the Enjoy Mill Valley Blog by Email!